Friday, December 9, 2011

Secret Post #12: New Hips Please

NOTE: This post is part of a series that I wrote in secret during the months before I announced my pregnancy. The series chronicles my pregnancy journey: from weaning off my RA meds, to trying to conceive, to searching for helpful advice and information, to discovering I was pregnant, to the ups and downs of my first trimester. You can read all the posts in this series here.

 This Post Written July 29, 2011
TMI Warning: This post contains details about sex and trying to get pregnant that you may consider to be too much information. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I am ovulating this week.

THIS IS REALLY NOT A GOOD TIME FOR MASSIVE HIP PAIN.

NOT. AT. ALL.

RA, sometimes I really, really hate the impact you have on my life. I'm trying so hard to accept you and adjust to you, but you always seem to find new ways to make it difficult for me to do the things I want to do.

It makes me so sad.

2 comments:

Mirela said...

Hip pain is AWEFUL! When I occasionally have mine, I can't even lie in bed on the side. I have to sleep on my back and even then it hurts. I'm sure the hip pain you've experienced was very discouraging.

~Mariah~ said...

MIRELA: I personal find hip pain to be one of the more frustrating types of joint pain - because it seems like there's not a lot you can do for it and it hurts no matter what. The same with jaw pain and SI joint pain. Worst. It was pretty discouraging at the time - but even though these posts seem a bit down that was me just venting. I did stay positive and in the end I got what I wanted. ~;o)