Friday, July 29, 2011

Oops.

I may have done some good things lately, but I'm not perfect - and sometimes I still struggle with having RA. 

Take yesterday evening, for example. I was so desperate to get just a tiny break from the stabbing, grinding, endless pain I've been having in my hips all week that I took a Vicodin. Then, when that didn't help, I drank an entire bottle of wine. Oops. Needless to say this treatment regime didn't do much other than make me feel sick and go to bed early.

On the bright side, I think one benefit of having a chronic illness (if there is such a thing as benefits to having a chronic illness) is that I do hangovers like a rockstar - which is to say that I don't really get hungover. Or, if I do, it is similar enough to an ordinary bad day with RA that I don't really notice. I mean, I feel sort of crummy this morning, but I felt sort of crummy yesterday morning too. It's about the same. 

In any event, I guess it's time to do something more productive to address my hip pain. I'm off to pilates with the hopes that I will feel better afterwards. Even for just a little bit.

2 comments:

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Well if I didn't fess up that I stray once in awhile from the straight and narrow of my ra journey, I would be telling a lie. We all stray and I believe it is good for our souls once in awhile. Just so long as it is only once in awhile. And on the positive, some studies have shown red wine to improve ra symptoms..not sure about an entire bottle but trying to see this glass as half full...oops you drank it all :-) Cheers!

~Mariah~ said...

DEB: Hahahahaha!! Thanks for the laugh! I debated whether or not to post about the, ahem, choices I made last night - clearly they weren't very healthy and obviously I don't want anyone to think I'm an alcoholic. But I ended up posting it because, like you said, we all stray once in awhile. Nobody's perfect - and I'm certainly not!