Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nabumetone

After literally taking all the anti-inflammatories in the house over the last few weeks (and we shop at Costco, so this was not a small number of pills), I finally gave in and went to see my rheumatologist yesterday about the massive and seemingly everlasting hip pain I've been dealing with lately.

He gave me a prescription anti-inflammatory that I had never heard of: nabumetone. They are like horse pills - I swear that picture is the actual size of the pills. In any event, I am really hoping that they work to manage some of this hip pain, because the next step is a short dose of prednisone. And we all know how I feel about prednisone

Here's to hoping my hip pain is on its way out (and that prednisone will not be necessary)!

6 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I am crossing my fingers for you.

Sarah Z said...

i hope it works! keep me posted! <3

~Mariah~ said...

Thanks! ~;o)

Laurie Grassi said...

Here's hoping it works! (And, wow, those pills are big!!).

:) L

Christina said...

I've taken Nabumetone for years and it's helped me...I hope it helps you so you can have a break from the pain. I'm still on Prednisone for now and I'm so tired of it...I don't blame you at all for not wanting to take it. Hope you feel better soon!

~Mariah~ said...

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little better but not completely. I'm going to try nabumetone and rest for another week before giving in and moving on to prednisone....