Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lysol Rambo Is Sad

Sadly, I never did get that lysol gun. And, though I did my very best to avoid being near sick students, they were literally everywhere. It was physically impossible for me to avoid them and go to class (or even leave the house) at the same time. And unfortunately, as predicted, my poor immune system had no chance whatsoever. After muddling through a presentation I had to give on Wednesday morning, I ditched my afternoon class, went home, dragged myself upstairs, and fell into bed. I have pretty much been there ever since. 

This makes Lysol Rambo sad. Totally should have gone rampaging with the disinfecting supersoaker.

I've been sleeping half the day and too tired to do much of anything other than move from the bed to the couch during the the other half. My entire body aches and I am so exhausted I can barely move. And my head has been aching almost constantly for several days. I'm not sure if I have a cold or the flu or just a really bad RA flare - or all of the above - but I don't think there exist words to explain how exhausted I am right now.

To make matters worse, I was so out of it this week that I totally forgot to call in a refill for my Enbrel prescription. APL called the pharmacy first thing this morning (we go to Costco now after one too many fails at student health), but they can't get it until Monday because they have to order it. So, although I'm supposed to have my injection today, I guess it will have to wait until Monday. Which will probably mess me up even more. Though I guess if I am actually infected by some stupid sick student germs I probably shouldn't be injecting immune suppressants into my system today anyhow.

Now that I am upright and at my desk, I will attempt to work on the presentation I have to give on Tuesday. ::sigh:: When this semester ends, I swear I'm literally going to do nothing for a month.

2 comments:

anetto said...

It's probably just as good you are waiting a few days even if not on purpose. Though I know what you mean. The closer I get to the scheduled injection, the more I feel less good and convinced it is wearing off

I like your title
Annette

~Mariah~ said...

ANNETTE: Yeah...you're probably right. I'd hate to give myself more flu or something, you know? It just feels weird to get off the regularly scheduled pattern. Not that the regularly scheduled pattern was really working perfectly, but at least I wasn't completely miserable last weekened and I'm always afraid change will mess it up. Here's to hoping!!!

Hope you're having a good weekend!!