Thursday, October 28, 2010

Many Much Snooze = Give Up?

I've been having a lot of trouble getting out of bed lately. I've just been so tired that it's almost impossible to get myself to wake up. Then, once I finally wake myself up, it takes almost as long to convince my body to move. Which sucks.

But today I discovered yet another challenge: if I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock for over two hours (told you I was having trouble) then the whole alarm turns off and resets for tomorrow. I find this problematic. If it has already taken me two hours to wake up, shouldn't I need to get up more, not less?

Or is my alarm clock telling me that it's ok to just give up and go back to bed if it's really taking me more than two hours to get up? Hmmm.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you but i'm the opposite right now and for the last few months. I've been in an almost 5 month long flare and since it started, I wake up between 6am and 730am. Now this is an issue as I don't get to sleep until, normally, 2-3 am. Not good, not fun, needs to go. Maybe we could do a smash up and both get some sleep... normal sleep. Hugs. Tammy

Skye said...

I feel you!!! i've been super tired too. I had to drop a class this semester because I just could NOT get up at 7am. :(

~Mariah~ said...

TAMMY: Let's do the smash up!! Please!! ~;o) Hope sleep is working out better for you these days.

SKYE: Having to drop a class sucks - I've been there - but you gotta do what you gotta do for your body. Like this Thursday I stayed home in bed instead of going to class. It's slowly getting easier for me to listen to the cues from my body and respond to them, even when I don't want to. I hope it gets easier for you too. ~;o)