Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thought of the Day

In between attempting to memorize administrative law, fighting my way through energy regulation, and eating vicodin to maintain my ability to sit at this cubicle in the law library in the first place, I have been doing a lot of thinking about the following question:

WHAT ON EARTH MADE ME THINK LAW SCHOOL WAS A GOOD IDEA?

Sorry for the shouting, but what was I thinking? RA or no RA - law school is rotten!!

And, secondly (and perhaps more importantly): Is it too late to change my mind?

It is too late? As a 4L I should just suck it up and finish the damn JD? Crap. And ow. Mostly ow. ~;o(

3 comments:

A said...

Finish it! You've come so far and worked so hard. Even if you end up working in some other sector, you'll have finished this!

Granted, I know it's easier to simply be your cheerleader and push for the stars, but know that if you ever decided you were anti-law, even if it was tomorrow, the day after you graduated, or the day you paid your grand for the bar exam, you would still be you, loved and fabulous.

You're inspiring, pushing through the challenges that you've embraced in order to pursue your passion. Now kick that passion's ass and force it into submission!

~Mariah~ said...

You know I'm WAY too stubborn to ACTUALLY quit. Just wish I wasn't sometimes. ~;o) Especially knee deep in Chevron doctrine.

Unknown said...

Dude! You'll make it through!!! And YAY Chevron doctrine (well, actually, BOO Chevron doctrine).

Love,
Your 2L friend who is knee-deep in finals (I get extra cred for my law school optimism since I should be hating all things law-related right now).