Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Challenge

If you are internet-savvy enough to be reading this blog, I'm guessing you probably know what Facebook is. In case you don't, Facebook is a social networking site where you can have a profile about yourself and connect to with your friends. Facebook also lets you post a short "status" to tell your friends how you are or what you've been thinking about.

When I signed on to Facebook this morning (not gonna lie, during my administrative law class...oops) I saw the following in my cousin JP's status:

Thanksgiving Challenge: Every day until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for." If you think you can do it, then re-post this message as your status to invite others to take the challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today.

It really made me think. Despite what I thought were my best efforts to be positive, I know I have been focusing a lot on the negative lately. Even though I've had some reminders that I ought to focus on what I have to be thankful for, I've had a bit of a hard time doing it lately for some reason.

But I know there is always something to be thankful for. And I'm pretty sure, despite my negativeness these days, I can think of at least one thing to be thankful for every day for two weeks. So I am going to take my cousin's Thanksgiving Challenge and post one thing I am thankful for in my Facebook status each day. And, for those of you who are not Facebook friends with me, I'm planning to re-post them here as well.


Thanksgiving Challenge:

Thursday, November 12th:
I am thankful for my cousin, JP, who has been my friend all my life.

Friday, November 13th:
I am thankful that River snuggles with me on the couch when I am feeling icky. Snuggle puppy can always make me feel better.

Saturday, November 14th:
I am thankful that APL surprises me with breakfast when he knows I'm not feeling that well.

Sunday, November 15th:
I am thankful for six inches of fluffy snow and a squeaky toy. It made River ridiculously happy, which was so much fun to watch.

Monday, November 16th:I am thankful for cameras. Looking at pictures always makes me happy.

Tuesday, November 17th:
Today I am thankful for my dad and his crazy ideas - looks like APL and I are going to Australia for Christmas!!

Wednesday, November 18th:
I am thankful for the interwebs, which allow me to stay connected with friends and family scattered all over the country.

Thursday, November 19th:
Today I am thankful for airplanes. They let me visit my family for Thanksgiving, SCUBA dive on the Great Barrier Reef, and they bring RK home for a visit!!!

Friday, November 20th:
I am thankful for a week break from law school. Being a 4L is exhausting.

Saturday, November 21st:
I am thankful for our friend MS for watching River for us while we are in California next week.
Sunday, November 22nd:I am thankful for Game Night with friends tonight!

Monday, November 23rd:
I am thankful that I get to see my mama today!!

Tuesday, November 24th:
I am thankful for my Great Uncle (and godfather)!!

Wednesday, November 25th:
I am thankful for mommy & me day at The Getty with APL and CC and all of our mamas!!

Thursday, November 26th:
I am thankful for our family, mine and APL's, here and far away. I love you all.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I take it you're planning to just NOT BE THANKFUL on Nov. 26th?

~Mariah~ said...

lol. apparently. i'll fix that.