Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whooo is Amazing? My Cousin!

I just got a really fun care package from my cousin KF in Ohio. She said that it sounded like I was pretty bummed lately and that she wanted to send me a little smile. And she did! She sent me this adorable crochet owl that she had made. He is so soft and cute and bright – the perfect addition to my desk to remind me to keep my spirits up! Especially on a snowy day like today! (KF actually sells her crochet amigurumi on etsy – you should check out her shop!)

She also sent something from down memory lane. When I was in second grade, I used an old Apple IIGS computer program to make a “Magnificent Monsters” coloring book that we printed out and sent to people for Christmas. The pages were full of monsters I had designed on the computer and named after friends and family that I sent the book to. Each one came with a rhyme. For example, KF’s monster said: KF drank a glass of juice and then she turned into a moose. The book gave me and APL a good laugh.

And while I loved the presents, I think I might love the card best of all. The front of the card says:
IF I COULD,
I’D FIND A FAIRY GODMOTHER
WITH A MAGICAL WAND
AND COMBAT BOOTS
SO THAT SHE COULD GRANT
YOUR WISHES AND KICK
THE CRAP OUTTA ANYTHING
THAT TRIED TO GET IN THE WAY
OF YOUR HAPPINESS.
Awesome. Sounds like just what I need! Thanks so much for thinking of me, KF! It made my day!

4 comments:

A said...

Best. Cousin. Ever.

~Mariah~ said...

Yeah...you know how I feel about combat boots! ~;o)

KCFitch said...

I'm so happy that the little care package helped to cheer you up! Chris and I got a good chuckle out of the Magnificent Monsters too :-)

~kelly marie~ said...

How sweet of your cousin!! How could you not be cheered up looking at that adorable owl? :)